Monday, January 27, 2014

More about us.........


Share with us a little about who you are and what you do for a living?
Hi! My name is Cathy. My hubby is Mark. I am a Children’s Ministry Director at our local Church. I have a true heart and passion for children. I love getting to be a part of something that is bigger than myself. Mark is a QC Auditor for an Oilfield Pipe Plant. I don't really don't know what he does;)




When did you get married? Tell us a little about that day.
 

Mark and I married in 2001 at the Justice of the Peace. It was a simple day. We had a BBQ that night with our family. In 2011, on our 10th year Anniversary we decided to renew our vows. It was the most perfect day! We had the wedding I always dreamed of!

 
What do you like to do for fun?                                                                                
Mark and I have a few things we really enjoy. We love to travel and we love football! We went to Cabo a few years and we LOVED it so much! We hope to get to go back again some day.                                                   

How long have you and your significant other been TTC?
We have been TTC pretty much our entire marriage. We have been seeking medical help for the last year and a half.











What is your infertility diagnosis?
PCOS-The issues are mine:) Of course we are in this but my body is the one not working properly.  I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2001. Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age.

 

What kind of fertility treatments have you endured?
3 IUI treatments with Femara. We are starting on the IVF journey this spring!

What has been the lowest point in your journey? How did you overcome the negative feelings?

If I said that I don't get down in the dumps I would be lying. In October Mark and I found out that our 2nd IUI had failed. For some reason I took this one the hardest.  I was ready to quite. I was emotionally and physically drained. I was tired of taking medicine, of being on a schedule, of being sick, and I wanted a break. The Dr. had recommended 3 IUI's and that was our plan of action. Mark could see how everything was taking its toll on me and I made it very known that I was ready to give up. Mark reminded me that we had agreed on a plan and he wanted to continue. So we prayed that God would give us strength and He did!!  We continued on with on 3rd IUI that was also unsuccessful. When it’s hardest to read your Bible or pray is the time you need it the most. Some days I had to rely on God to help me make it through the day. That's where God wants us. Relying on him and not trying to rely on our own strength.
Have you found peace with your infertility?
I think I have. Everyone has a story. I believe everyone should use their story for God’s glory and to encourage others.

 


 

What advice would you give to a woman that is just beginning her infertility journey?
I would tell them to have faith God has a plan. Get a support group of friend who you can be vulnerable with and won’t judge you. Find a Dr. who you are comfortable with. Follow your gut. If a treatment doesn't feel right don't do it.
My sweet hubby answered this one too for all the husbands. Be patient and understanding with your wife and her needs. Pray A LOT:) Be honest and vulnerable with each other. You are not alone. You are not the only couple experiencing this disappointment


No comments:

Post a Comment