Thursday, October 2, 2014

Day 2: A Little Longer

On average everyday we spend 60 minutes waiting. Today I painted my finger nails and I had to WAIT for them to dry. I realized how impatient I was. I wanted them to instantly be dry and beautiful. Sometimes I think we are like that with God. He wants us to take a little time to "dry" and we want  immediate gratification. We want our situation to be quickly resolved. 

 While I'm waiting for my nails to dry my phone rings it's a call I've been waiting for. I grab the phone with fingers spread apart so I don't scuff them. But guess what?!?! No matter how careful I was, I scuffed them. 

I didn't give them enough time to finish processing, to completely dry! We are like that with God. He didn't answer our prayers fast enough so we take matters into our own hands. I didn't have time to redo them so I'm wearing them with scuff marks. Like my nails, we all have imperfections and flaws. 

After a week of having polish on my nails the polish begins to chips and peel off. When we going through stormy seasons of life if we are patient with God and WAIT on him He can eventually chip away and peel back each of our layers. With each layer peeled away the closer we are to being the person God created us to be. When we spend quiet time with Him and in the word it lets God work on us from the inside out. God can then develop our character and strengthen us. The next time we go through a tough situation we will be a little bit stronger and we have a little more endurance to stay the course. 

Waiting isn't the greatest thing we do but it is a necessity. 

1 comment: