Thursday, December 19, 2013

It's Mark's turn

So it's Mark here! If you know me, you know I am a man of few words. Cathy has told me that she has had requests for me to share my thoughts with all of you!

I Never thought this would be our journey but it is. We are going to do all that is within are means to have a baby. We believe in our hearts that God has laid out a plan for us. We feel that plan was 3 IUI's (which were all unsuccessful) and then IVF. We have our IVF consult on Monday.

Cathy and I have a fun and wonderful marriage. We support each other even on the hardest days. With fertility treatments comes lots of medicine for Cathy. It's also has it's ups and downs. Not everyday is a walk in the park. We have had big disappointments and emotional set backs. Even in the mist of the turmoil we have found a moments of laughter. One of my funniest moments was during our first IUI. Cathy is laying on the hospital bed and I am in the chair next to her. I ask her if she "you tubed" the procedure. Cathy replies "NOOOOO".  Then asks "why did you?" "Yes" I reply. She says "what do they do?" I begin to explain " well, they take a really BIG silver gun thingy" Cathy stops me and says "babe that's called a speculum  and they use that every year when a women has an annual exam." I had no idea what a women goes through. I have learned a lot of a stuff that you are never taught in science and sex ed! We are taking this season of our life one day at and time and living life to the fullest.

This ended up being wordy. I'm out! Cathy and I will update all of you after our appointment on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment