Monday, October 20, 2014

Day 20: Feeling Blessed

It's been 13 days since I started this round of IVF. I started estrogen on Day 2 of my period. A few days later I started to have achy muscles in my legs at night. I didn't sleep more than 3 hours a night for a week. Finally my body adjusted to the increased hormones, just in time for my dose to be increased to two times a day rather than once a day. (Side Note: Our first IVF was a piece of cake, no side effects, injections were easy on me, it was an enjoyable process. With 7 days to go in this process it's just a little tougher on my body)

After a couple of days on increased dose of meds my side effects were in full swing:(



Wives going through IVF-I know you feel alone! You feel like no one can relate especially your husband. It's true he doesn't know what you are feeling, but be open and be honest it's the only way he can fully support you. I'm sure the hormones have an effect on my emotions but I feel like I'm doing this all alone, Mark's body doesn't have to endure any physical pain. I realized during this time that Mark has feelings as well, even though he's not as verbal as I am.

Husbands-Let her cry, scream, cuss or sleep. Our bodies are changing and we may not even be able to put into words how we feel. Just love us. If she's not feeling well go out of you way to see what you can do (if anything, just offering helps).

My hubby is the BEST!!! He's trying so hard to be apart of every step, from rubbing my aching legs (side effect: achy legs), to letting me sleep whenever I need to (side effect: exhaustion), to rubbing my head during headaches (side effect: headaches), cleaning up my throw up when I didn't make it to the bathroom (side effect: headaches cause me to throw up), to learning how to give me injections in my backside!

Tomorrow is an exciting day!! We have an appointment to check hormone levels and for Mark to be trained to give me my injections properly.

I will blog later this week on the first injection!!

No comments:

Post a Comment