Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Day 22: Ouch

Its my nature to be positive! I'm a natural encourger, to myself and others.

I've said it before, and I'm going to say it again this round of meds for our IVF is taking its toll on me.

I started this blog to help other couples going through IVF. So I'm going to be REAL even if it goes against my personality.


We are 5 days away from transfer of our embryos and I can't wait! That part I'm so excited for! I know it's easy!

I wrote about the side effects of the meds I am currently taking in a previous blog, but the worst part are the headaches that turn into migraines and throwing up follows! I had another migraine today!

On top of the migraine, today is scheduled to be my first injection. The first IVF round I was able to give the shot to myself, in my tummy. The new ones get injected in the bum muscle, so Mark has to administer them.

I've heard these Progesterone shots are awful!

Mark and I were SO nervous!

My shots are given . At 9:30 pm. So at 9:15 we start the process!

Clean the medicine bottle with alcohol.
Use the biggest needle to suck oil out of bottle.
Change to a smaller needle.
I chose to lay down on our bed-So off to the bedroom we head.
Next is the ice pack for 5 min to numb the area.
Then comes the shot!
Mark says "ok you ready"
I was ready as I was ever going to be.
In went the needle!
I worked myself up over that?!?!?
Getting my blood drawn yesterday hurt worse than that!!
Quickly after removing the needle Mark begins to massage the area for a few moments, then we applied a heating pad for 5 mins. During this time we Prayed together, thanking God for this awesome opportunity, even if it is challenging!!

Tonight wasn't so bad, let's see if I'm saying the same thing in 6 nights!

 I'm going to blog again tomorrow! Until then........

No comments:

Post a Comment