Sunday, January 8, 2017

It's been a while.....

So it's been a really long time since I have written to you guys. Boy, have I missed it! Here's what's been going on in the last year: 

Infertility Update: After our 2nd failed IVF I didn't want to deal with anything related to trying for a baby. It's a phase I went through and is completely normal when dealing with fertility issues. So in March 2016 Mark and I met with our fertility doctor. There's not much more they can do for us except expensive trial testing. We opted out of this due to the toll it would take on my body. We have also had a couple adoption opportunities that haven't panned out. So with that being said we are content in being DINKS (double income no kids). As I always say if God provides a miracle we would be thrilled!! 

Family Update: Mark and I adopted the sweetest little dog on Thanksgiving night!  Bella Ann Mosley will be 4 in March. She has stolen our hearts from the moment we picked her up!! She's definitely a momma's girl and loves to wear clothes!! 



Personal Update: 2014 was a year of loss for me and to be totally honest it changed my life. 

2014 Recap

February 
Buster our 14 year old dog passed away. 

March 
Gizmo our 13 year old dog passed away 
Our 1st IVF attempt and it was unsuccessful 

July 
My mom passed away

October 
Our 2nd IVF attempt and it was unsuccessful 

After losing my mom and our 2nd IVF fail and I decided it was time to refocus and spend some time on myself, spiritually, emotionally and physically. The biggest change that needed to take place was physically. It's hard to admit but I was quite overweight. PCOS has a lot to do with weight but when I put my mind to something I determined not to be a statistic. So with super hard work and motivation I joined a gym!! Eeeeekkk! I remember being so self conscious and it took so much will power to go everyday! Fast forward  to 2017 and I LOVE working out and lifting weights. This shy overweight girl is now confident and isn't afraid to lift weights! My body is completely transformed. I'm still a "fluffy" girl but WAY healthier and much more fit!! It hasn't come easy and it didn't  happen over night but every drop of sweat, early morning cardio session, and days of sore muscles has totally been worth it! 



I'm excited to see what 2017 has in store for the Mosley's!

 If you are on the fertility journey remember these two things:

1. Infertility is a part of who you are NOT who you are! I know it can be life consuming with all the testing, shots, appointments and disappointments but stay grounded in who you are! 

2. Hebrews 12:1  "And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." 
Everyone has a story. Infertility just happens to be yours and mine. Our job is to run this race the best we can. Never forgetting that God has our back. I've said it before, with everything that has happened on our journey I never felt like God left us or betrayed us!! I know He has amazing plans for us and I see them unfold everyday!!


Until next time my friends!!!
XOXOXO
Cathy

1 comment:

  1. Cathy, I know that we don't know each other very well, but I want you to know that Jesus shines through you and it it contagious being around you. There are just those people sometimes that make you feel God's presence and you are one of those people. Glad to call you family. -Beth Neely

    ReplyDelete